As the demand for top talent is increasing and the pool of qualified candidates is shrinking, hiring and recruiting in coming days therefore, will be more challenging. Candidates are now on the driver’s seat feeling more comfortable leaving their current job and refusing offers, making it harder to recruit and retain.
In view of this, the way of recruitment has changed these days. Compared to just a few years ago, candidates now have far more power during the job search. According to a research and recruiter/ HR professionals’ everyday work experience, the current job market is 80% candidate driven. That means you do not pick talent anymore. Talent picks you.
Consequently, sourcing and recruiting ideal job candidates, especially those with in-demand skills, has become an extremely hard, expensive and time-consuming process.
Let’s look at some strategies for hiring success:
- Recognize and Encourage Your Top Performers: Create an action plan to keep your top performing employees happy and keep them with the company. The best way to fill empty slots is to keep them from being empty in the first place.
- Candidate Relationships Management: Create relationship with every outreach and applicant. This relatively new method of recruiting was introduced to the world of talent acquisition as a solution to one of the biggest challenges in the HR industry - attracting talent.
- Drive Employee Referrals Program: Referrals are one of the easiest ways to source talent. Make the referral initiative a theme-based, time-bound program, with prizes for employees who make a certain number of referrals and a grand prize for the employee with the most referrals.
- Talent Pools: Talent pools are becoming an increasingly popular resource for talent acquisition. A talent pool is a database of candidate profiles interested in working for your organization. They could be limited to a specific area of expertise or focused on a broad grouping of individuals who can perform a variety of job tasks.
- Collaborative hiring: Collaborative hiring is a hiring method in which both HR teams and teams from other department colleagues work together to find and hire talent. Collaborative hiring is extremely important as it significantly improves the quality of new hires.
- Social recruiting: This type of recruiting uses social media channels for recruiting. The term refers to different ways of using social media networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) and websites (blogs, forums, and websites like Glassdoor for example) to find, attract and hire talent.
Turacoz Workforce Solutions, an initiative of Turacoz Canada Inc., understands the ever-changing needs of the healthcare and life sciences sector. We understand the challenges in recruiting the candidates today and are equally aware of the importance of a good resource for any company.
Turacoz Workforce Solutions has paved its way through the dynamics of recruitment and offers staffing solutions and recruitment services to companies in healthcare and life sciences industry. The services offered are:
- Temporary staffing: This service model includes hiring of freelancers, on-site/remote employees, contractual employees and swift deployments for any project of a company.
- Temporary-to-permanent staffing: Minimizing your risk of making a bad hire, this service gives you the chance of getting an employee at your location prior to making a hiring decision to make sure that he/she is the best fit for your company.
- Direct hiring: Good resources with required skill, experience and expertise are hired for the company, directly.
Turacoz Workforce Solutions offers medical staffing solutions and works its best to address the complex staffing & recruitment challenges faced by the companies, today, and equip them with best of the resources. The focus is on deploying the right person to the right job on right time.November 29, 2018 By Smita Soni