Working from home in pandemic: How yoga can be your best friend in this time?

It has been weeks and months since we have stopped counting days being in this pandemic-driven lockdown. There is a unique quality to this day-by-day pandemic despair; this quarantine depression is edging humans into physical and mental stagnation.  According to an article I read in the Hindu couple of days back, approximately  12.2 crore Indians…

Good Practices for Conference Abstracts and Presentation

Medicine is an ever-changing science. As new researches and clinical experience broaden our knowledge, changes in treatment, and drug therapy help in improvising patient care management. WHO describes research as being an imperative element for settling public health challenges – whether it be combating the diseases highly prevalent in developing countries, responding to the alarming…

How to Prevent HIV/AIDS?

The world’s leading public health challenge is the HIV virus that leads to AIDS. In 2018, around 37.9 million people were infected with HIV/AIDS and approximately 1.7 million more joined the club worldwide. Only 79% of the affected numbers were aware of their HIV status and the remaining 21% did not even have access to…

HIV Awareness

The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) invades the immune system and damages the host’s defense system and causes it to weaken against all kinds of minor and significant infections and cancers. Thus, gradually leading to immunodeficiency, which in turn makes the body susceptible to opportunistic infections. CD4 cell count typically measures immune function. As stated by…

Diabetes Prevention Tips

According to statistics by the WHO, “The number of people with diabetes has risen from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014.” Also, “In 2016, an estimated 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. Another 2.2 million deaths were attributable to high blood glucose in 2012.” It is astounding how many people…

Biosimilars: Advantages & Challenges

Introduction A biosimilar product, as defined by USFDA, is “a biological product that is highly similar to and has no clinically meaningful differences from an existing FDA-approved reference product.” By 2020, the biosimilar market is expected to reach $15 billion booming market, which is thrice the presentmarket(Ragunadhan 2018).Latest additions to this category of drugs are…

EU IVDR 2017/746: Overview of Regulation Changes

The In Vitro medical devices faced the implementation of the European Community Directive 98/79/EC in 1998. The In Vitro Diagnostic Directive (IVDD) 98/79/EC has been now transformed to In Vitro Diagnostic Regulation (IVDR) 2017/746/EU. The official timeline for this transition phase to complete implementation is 5 years (26th May 2022). The current regulatory framework for…